Larry Hayes Jr.
Matrimonial and Family Law
Born: Nashville, Tennessee, December 24, 1965
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
Civil Engineering, 1985
St. John’s College, Oxford University, Oxford, England
English and Parliamentary Government, 1987
Honors: Dean’s List
Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
Business Administration, 1989
Honors: Dean’s List
Honors: College Football All-American Guard, 1988-1989
Honors: College Football Team Captain & Most Valuable Player, 1989
Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee, 1992
University of Tennessee College Of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
J.D., Cum Laude, 1992
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Contracts, 1990
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Practice, 1991
- More than 27 years of legal experience.
- The fourth lawyer from Nashville and twelfth lawyer from Tennessee to be named a Fellow in the Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” by his peers every year since 2007.
- Selected to “Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee” list every year since 2018 by Super Lawyers.
- Named a Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation in 2014.
- Appointed by the Tennessee Supreme Court to serve as a member of the Disciplinary Hearing Committee for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, which oversees discipline of all lawyers in the state.
- Formerly Licensed Rule 31 mediator (certified as a mediator in 1994 by the American Arbitration Association)
- Founding Member of the law firm Hayes Thomas PLC in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Mr. Hayes is a frequent lecturer and writer on matrimonial and family law topics, and has created a Divorce Guide to provide clients with general information on the divorce process
Mr. Hayes has handled many difficult divorce actions including those that involved complex property division issues, such as valuing printing companies, doctors’ practices, lawyers’ practices, automobile dealerships, insurance companies, construction companies, real estate partnerships, petroleum distributors, and interstate trucking companies.
Mr. Hayes was honored in 2007 as the fourth lawyer from Nashville and the twelfth lawyer from Tennessee to be named a fellow in the esteemed American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, founded in 1962 in Chicago. Members of the Academy are generally recognized by judges and attorneys as preeminent family law practitioners with a high level of knowledge, skill and integrity.
Since 2007, Mr. Hayes has been selected by his peers as one of the “Best Lawyers” in America” in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law, and Mr. Hayes has been listed in each edition of that publication since 2007.
Mr. Hayes maintains the highest level of ethical standards in his practice and in 2005, Mr. Hayes was appointed by the Tennessee Supreme Court to serve as a Member of the Disciplinary Hearing Committee for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, which oversees the discipline of all lawyers in the State of Tennessee.
Mr. Hayes has lectured and numerous seminars in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law, and has authored several publications in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law, including a Divorce Guide, which he recommends to his clients for general divorce information.
Call 615-214-5500 or send an email to schedule a consultation with attorney Larry Hayes Jr.